Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 5

OK, so I opened my big fat mouth (on facebook) and jinxed myself. I said "nothing to blog about". Hahaha, day 5 we got up in Overton, NV and ate breaky packed up and went to the Storage Place where we are storing the Truck. Unloaded the two bikes. Went to start my bike, nothing. No power. Previously to leaving Canada, the bike was in the back of the truck the day before we left, and the alarm lights were going off. We thought we had remedied the problem by hanging the keys on the bike when we were moving. The lights weren't flashing any more, problem resolved. Right? Back to day 5, not resolved! Jumped the bike and let it charge for 45 min. shut it off, push the start button, NOTHING! Go park truck in back and tarp it. Call Good Sam for a tow truck, it's 11:25am. Sit on a bench inside the storage area waiting, they had said about 2:10 or before. Talking, Laughing, Remembering other times Brad has needed a tow with his bikes. lol 2pm no one, 2:20pm no one, Wait! my phone rings (which by the way is costing a fortune to talk in the USA) it's Good Sam calling, oh, no it's not, it's them but it's a recording, "If your call has been completed press 1, if not press 2" i press 2, wait, wait, "Hello, this is Good Sam, How can we help you today? can I have your card number and your name" me, "I already called I should have a truck coming" them "Well let me just check on that, can I put you an hold" me, "NO!, this is costing a lot of money everytime I have to talk to you, where is my tow truck"? "let me call you back when I get that information for you". Wait, wait. 3pm, ring ring "They are going to be another hour" me "can you call a closer company please we have been out here for 3 1/2 hours". Them "well they'll just tell us 45 minutes to an hour so just wait for this one". 4pm waiting not so patiently anymore, Brad "just phone the tow truck directly" me, " where are you"? tow co. "let me just check whee he is... he is about 45 miles away, he's on his way" for those of you that don't know Overton, NV to Las Vegas where he was coming from is about 70 miles, so he was only about half way and that was wishful thinking because you know they were stretching the truth when they told us 45 miles. Anyways, 4:55pm the tow truck shows up and loads my bike, we get to the Harley dealer with maybe a half an hour before they close, but tne service was already closed. Called a cab for me and my luggage and went to Sam's Club for the night. Nice room and cheap $29.90 USD, comfy beds and good sheets :) That was day 5. Should have know we couldn't get all the way to Mexico without some sort of problems (adventures).

No comments:

Post a Comment